Tuesday 23 November 2010

Sherlock Holmes Review

Sherlock Holmes is an adventure-based film, which was released on the 26th December 2009.  Sherlock Holmes was a film, which had high expectations from the public as director Guy Ritchie, who is well known after directing films such as:
  • ·      Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels
  • ·      Snatch
  • ·      Revolver
  • ·      Rock N Rolla
The films which were listed above were the films which Guy Ritchie directed, due to them all being successful this made Sherlock Holmes more familiar and also made all fans of Guy Ritchie films to watch it. When the film was released there was good feedback from the viewers who enjoyed the film, although Sherlock Holmes was unable to win any of the academy awards lost two the films “Up” and “Avatar”.

I hade never seen Sherlock Holmes until our media lesson, my first impression whilst watching the film was boring. My first impression was that the film was old, due to the dull colors which were used followed by the dressing style of the characters, My impressions from the start changed by the end as I enjoyed the film as it caught me with the different things, which were taking place in such a quick time such as, the fight in the ring to the fight to stay on the boat. The humor of Robert Downey JR kept me entertained me although I also believed Sherlock Holmes played his role brilliantly.

Overall I would recommend Sherlock Holmes to anybody who hasn’t yet seen it, as well and would also watch it for the second time if I ever saw it on television etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment